Monday, May 25, 2009

Don't Lie to Me ... Jun Lozada!


RESPECT THE LAWS OF THE LAND... That's what my dad always says!

Why in God's name would Sen.Chiz Escudero and Sen. Allan Peter Cayetano, who are both lawyers mind you, say otherwise? They both have made it publicly known that they wish Mike Defensor should not press the issue of purgery against ZTE whistle-blower, Jun Lozada.

"Tol" Mike said he would pursue the case unless Lozada would issue a retraction statement addressing allegations against him.

"If this was a mere Senate inquiry, it's okay... But we are talking about the courts," says Mike. I, in all honesty, doubt the credibility of this man Jun Lozada- a self-proclaimed "moderator of greed", a 'cry-baby' turned 'the boy who cried wolf' and a seemingly congenital liar with two families!!!

Guys, if Jun Lozada is innocent then he has nothing to fear... PERIOD!

Earlier today, Lozada was arrested by a police team following a warrant issued by the court yesterday.

Defensor cried foul over Lozada's allegation that Defensor urged him to deny that he was kidnapped and to lie regarding to what he knew about the alleged overprice of the government’s botched contract with China’s ZTE Corp. for the National Broadband Network (NBN) project.


Scheduled to leave for a series of trips abroad with his family, Tol Mike arranged a special press conference to clarify his side about this issue. He emphasized that he is fully aware that he will be portrayed negatively by the media and by Lozada supporters.


Even my political allies have been trying to persuade me to drop the case, knowing that it will have a negative effect on me... but I am not doing this for politics, I am doing this for my family. All these scandals are temporary, but my record at the Court of Appeals is permanent. Years from now, they will open those court records and will judge me and my family based on those. I want to clear my family name. I am doing this for my children.”

At the same time, Tol Mike challenged Lozada to a lie detector test to “clarify issues and clear my name.”

Dorothy Thompson once said that "fear grows in darkness; if you think there's a boogeyman around, turn on the light."


But today , Tol Mike is already a winner to the eyes of the people who matter the most – his family.

While the results of a lie detector test may not be admissible in court, they are believed to be 99% accurate. At least it would give an opportunity for Lozada to finally spill all the beans and show to the public that he has nothing to hide.


I speculate, however, a person of “moderate greed” such as Lozada has just too many secrets to hide. For one who has been exposed to scam his fellow countrymen, let him face charges and be tried by the very laws he so tried to scandalously circumvent.

Jun Lozada, what are you really afraid of? Is it the quest of one family man trying to clear his good name or is it the unadulterated TRUTH of which you’ve obscured that strikes fear in your heart?


To put an age old adage to shame, in Lozada’s case, the truth may not “set you free” – it might just land you in jail for a very long time.


Enough of the crying, lying and running from the law!


No comments:

Post a Comment